Sunday 9 October 2011

Final Year.... EEEEEEEK!

Ok, so 3rd year has just begun and I'm excited but also incredibly nervous. My research focuses on finding the unnoticed beauty in our surroundings and the environment we inhabit, the patterns and structures of the modern, and the organic disintegrating worn surfaces of the old. I took these photographs in a variety of places, including Malta, Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford. These are a tiny fraction of the photos I'm using as inspiration but they capture the main focus, and are my favourite examples of beauty taken forgranted. I want to use the patterns, details and structures as inspiration and a starting point for my knitting.

Enjoy! x

                                      Under the railway bridge on stafford's Canal walk


                                      Footbridge over stafford canal


                                      Peeling paint - Stoke-on-Trent

                                       Blue Lagoon - Malta


                                      Characteristic Maltese flats in St.Julian's Bay


                                       Corner flat with Shutters - St Julian's Bay, Malta

                                 The Blue Lagoon - Malta


                                        Stunning doorway in Valetta, Malta

No comments:

Post a Comment