Saturday 12 March 2011

Current Inspiration...



Not knowing where to start, and a little startled by a vast empty blog I feel a good place to begin would be with the visual research for my ongoing work.

Having spent a substantial amount of time in London, I have a large collection of photographs that I took whilst travelling around the city. I was captivated by the constant rhythm of both the people and the transport network but also of the surroundings. Many of the photographs I took focus on line, pattern and shape and I have chosen to use these as a source of inspiration for my current project.

By combining my photos with colour and trend research for SS11 I intend to design a range of contemporary knitted textiles.

Above are some of the key photos that have formed part of my visual research.

No comments:

Post a Comment